PDA

View Full Version : Foursome

Ed Vatza
09-10-2008, 05:34 AM
This is an image I made a couple of weeks ago and really liked but kinda fell through the cracks. I thought I would resurrect it and share it with you folks.

Image made using my Canon Rebel XT and Sigma 70mm Macro lens tripod mounted with a Novoflex focusing rail

1/60 sec @ f/11; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; Natural light

Julie Kenward
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Very nice flower and really nice BG...but the whole thing is way too dark to me. I know you tend to go in that direction but this one feels dark even for you, Ed. I feel like I'm viewing it very late in the evening. Is that your intent?

Gus Cobos
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Very nice composition Ed. The color rendition is good, but agree with Lady Julie. You need to open it up a bit...the image looks under exposed...:cool:

Ed Vatza
09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks Julie. Thanks Gus. Appreciate the feedback. Yes I darkened the image and changed the color a bit. I settled on the image in my original post because I liked the purple on gray flannel appearance. I thought it looked "rich". Guess I'm the only one! :)

The version of the image in this post is more akin to the original image and what the flower and background actually looked like. Any better???

Julie Kenward
09-10-2008, 09:45 PM
I love this repost much better. It's not the darkness that bothered me the most but the flatness of the image - this one got the POP back into it and I really do love it like this.

Ed, I think it's perfectly okay to go dark on images - we both tend to do that - but we have to remember to leave some depth and range of tonality or we just have A DARK IMAGE.

Jason Kinsey
09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I like the DOF here, and the composition adds a lot to it also. Nice shot!!

Mike Moats
09-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Hey Ed, I really like the BG color of the first post better, but like the lighter flowers in the second. I also like the DOF.