PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Ruby Throat

Anita Rakestraw
09-10-2008, 02:03 AM
The last set of images I took of our resident hummers shows at least one of their offspring. After having visited the feeders double-time for 3 weeks or so in preparation for their journey south, they seem to have taken off. Haven't seen any of them for a week now.

8-17-08, 6:30 p.m.
1DMkIII, 500mm with 2x extender
ISO 400, f/8.0, 1/200, bean bag on car window

Ryan Lepik
09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Just my 2 cents worth but a touch more saturation would increase the colors & make them a bit richer. I find it a little pale but otherwise a great composition.

Desmond Chan
09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Just my 2 cents worth but a touch more saturation would increase the colors & make them a bit richer. I find it a little pale but otherwise a great composition.

I agree. Right now it looks hazy.

Doug Brown
09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Here's a repost with a levels adjustment and a saturation boost, as per the above recommendations.

Randy Stout
09-10-2008, 11:55 AM
It interesting that your hummers have been gone for a week now. I live in Southern Michigan, and ours are still tanking up. Usually leave about the middle of Sept., so they will be leaving soon. I would be interested to hear from others as to when their local hummers depart.

I like the image. My guess is that the young bird really is a bit washed out compared to the adults, so not sure if the repost is an accurate representation or not.

Randy

Anita Rakestraw
09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Wow, I must really need a new monitor....or calibration....the original image looks accurate to me and Doug's looks a little over-saturated with a magenta cast! Thanks for the comments - if what I see is not what others see, I need to know!! I agree, Randy, I too would like to know when the hummers leave in different places.