PDA

View Full Version : Barn Owl Shots

John Harper
01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi There

I post below shot of Barn Owl taken again at the Hawk Conservancy mainly for the benefit of Lana as she has said she is a "sucker" for them

John
Shot 1

EOS1DMKIIN
70-200 F2.8L IS @ 200mm
ISO 400
1/4000 @ F4

http://www.portviewfitout.co.uk/barn-owl2.jpg

Lana Hays
01-13-2008, 05:38 PM
John
I am a sucker for Barn Owls and I love each and every one .....BUT.........you can only post one image in a post and only post here once every 24 hours.

John Harper
01-13-2008, 05:58 PM
John
I am a sucker for Barn Owls and I love each and every one .....BUT.........you can only post one image in a post and only post here once every 24 hours.

Hi Lana

Apologies on the rule breaking i will bear that in mind in future. The 24 hour rule is that per forum or totally on any forum and is that only new threads or does it apply to posting to a thread that i had already started. Just want to get it right.

John

Lana Hays
01-13-2008, 06:29 PM
John
No problem. You can post one image (thread) per forum per 24 hours. The Avian forum has a 24 hour period for members and a 48 period for nonmembers. You can post to a thread as many times as you wish....and may repost your original image that has been reworked in another post on the same thread if necessary. Hope that helps.

Now for the Barn Owl. They are magnificent. I like the composition and the beautiful wingspread.....especially with the translucence. The dark BG certainly highlights the light wings. I always wish for some light in the eye but I'm less attracted to the eye and more attracted to the wings. It must be a thrill to have such wonderful opportunities to watch them and capture their beauty.

Rick A. Brown
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Holy cow, this might be the best captive raptor shot I've seen.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Beautiful image John and I love the backlighting and pose in this image. Very lovely capture.

Jim Neiger
01-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Very nice, John! The backlit, glowing wings against the dark bg make this a stunning image!

Fabs Forns
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
The light shinning through the wings makes this one special. Only wish for a little catch light, gotten with fill flash :)

Impressive!

ashkan ojaghi
01-14-2008, 02:59 AM
the pose and the composition is very good but the darkened eyes is a problem and gives a unnatural mood to bird .. but it's still impressive!