PDA

View Full Version : First decent reddish

Paul Marcellini
01-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Went kayaking with Judd Patterson yesterday down in Flamingo with hopes of spoonbills and reddish egrets. Well the day started rainy but did clear up in the afternoon. Here is my first shot of a reddish that I'm happy with. They were kinda skittish, as Judd had noticed some peregrines circling. Anyways, was interested in your thoughts. I liked the framing by the other birds.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d, 100-400@320 minor crop iso400 f6.3 1/500 av +1

http://i10.tinypic.com/8axn8fn.jpg

Tony Whitehead
01-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Nice image Paul - focus perfect with the background birds clear enough to see their posture but not detracting from the main subject. I find the green line of vegetation at the top a bit distracting and would be tempted to try a crop removing some of it and cloning out the rest. I would also try it cropping off the birds on the right.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-13-2008, 06:54 PM
I like the pose but would go for a vertical crop as I find the OOF birds distracting.

Maxis Gamez
01-13-2008, 07:41 PM
HI Paul,

Glad you had a good time kayaking as I have a Necky and love to be out there too. The other birds are taking away from your main subject. You did well with the exposure and details. You need to come down to De Soto and you will find these guys without a kayak! :)