PDA

View Full Version : Crested Caracara Last Light

Maxis Gamez
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/30D/Raw00109.jpg
Crested Caracara Last Light - S.W Florida

This image was an adventure to get. I followed this Caracara for several minutes, got under a fence (private property - Psss! don't say anything :D) walked about 60 yards to an open farm and waited for a while until this gorgeous Caracara got used to my presence.

I was able to grab few images using my 30D and 500mm handheld at the very last light! I removed a very ugly branch in front of the Caracara.

This is the type of challenge I love so much... I don't care what it takes, if I see the opportunity I'm going after it! :D:D

Hope you like it!

Canon 30D, 500mm L @ f/5.6 L, 1/500 sec, ISO 400, RAW, Handheld, Slightly cropped to help composition.

Krijn Trimbos
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
A moment sooner the sun would be under, great great light! Lovely subject, cool perch and pose. Would maybe try to get a bit more detail out of the blacks. Excellent shot nontheless

Maxis Gamez
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
A moment sooner the sun would be under, great great light! Lovely subject, cool perch and pose. Would maybe try to get a bit more detail out of the blacks. Excellent shot nontheless

Hi Krijin,

After looking at this image for a while, my first thought was the light! This is not about the blacks, just the golden light IMHO!! :D

Thank you for your thoughts!

Ramon M. Casares
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I was thinking the same about the dark areas, but more important I would try to tone down the reds ust a very little bit, other than than, as you said Maxis, the light is simply THE light! Congratulations!

Daniel Cadieux
09-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I am certain you could open up the blacks on the backjust a bit and still retain that oh-so gorgeous light! I also see some sharpening halos in some areas...not too bad but still noticeable. Awesome perch, and perfect look-back head angle!!