PDA

View Full Version : Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes)

Jacqui Hendry
01-13-2008, 03:15 PM
This beautiful tiny bird was taken in my garden back in November

As you will probably know they hardly ever keep still and fly around low to the floor and very very fast!!

Canon 1DmkIII,300f4 + 1.4, f7.1, ISO500,1/30 Tripod

Lana Hays
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Jacqui
I applaud your enthusiasm but you are limited to one post in a forum per 24 hour period. I did move your nuthatch over to Avian so technically this post is within the posting guidelines. Thanks!

Gary Palmer
01-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Jacqui,
Winter Wrens are indeed active little beggars and difficult to photograph. This image is amazingly sharp for 1/30 sec exposure with this bird. According to the "Birds as Art" school, you should probably do a bunch of cropping on this image. I'm more in the Birds and their Environment school, especially for passerines, and like to see where the little guys are at in it. Good job!
Gary

Lana Hays
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Jacqui
Wrens can be difficult to photograph.....but a lot of fun with their personalities. I like the setting of this one and I wouldn't want the bird any smaller in the frame. If there was more room from a crop, you might put the bird a little more to the right for balance and/or take some off the top.....but keep the bird the same size. I do think the little guy may be a bit oversharpened. This is a nice image.....and the setting is certainly consistent with where I find them.

Jim Neiger
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Another very nice image, Jacqui! I really like the bg from your garden. I agree completely with Lana's advice on the composition.

ashkan ojaghi
01-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi ! very beautiful picture i really liked the pose and the BG and the shapness but 1 thing i think should be erased is the wood that is behind the bird .. I think you can use clone stamp in photoshop to erase it .. have you tested it on this image?

Ian McHenry
01-14-2008, 11:29 PM
Beautiful definition on this neat little bird and I like the position in the picture.
Possibly a tiny shade off the top of the picture ?
Cheers: Ian McHenry