PDA

View Full Version : Patersons Curse

Aristotle Georgiou
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Patersons Curse (Echium plantagineum)

Hi to all,

this is another weed which was introduced as an ornamental and recorded to be poisons to live stock.

All comments are more than welcome

D200
150mmm f/2.8
1/250's
f/10
ISO 100
External flash

Julie Kenward
09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
It looks dark on my monitor at work. I'd try to introduce some contrast between the light and dark tones if possible. The overall composition is really nice!

Robert O'Toole
09-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Beautiful image, the colors, comp and BG look just great. Agree with Julie, you have the image saved in a Adobe RGB colorspace. If you convert and tag correctly the image should really come to life and appear in the browser as it does in PS.

Robert

Robert O'Toole
09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Here is a screen capture of Adobe RGB vs sRGB.

Robert

Amy DeStefanis
09-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey - the repost is very interesting! It's good to see the difference between the two colorspaces!

I like the image. I guess I'm still used to seeing more muted tones. It doesn't seem "too" dark to me - I guess it just depends on what you were going for....

I love the rich colors.

Amy D.

Aristotle Georgiou
09-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Thank you all very much for your kind comments and tips with improvement.

I'll save my images as sRGB colour space from now on. I'm also using a MacBook Pro laptop that's not calibrated so I'll have to go by your comments till I get a desktop and calibrated.

I would like to know how bright I should have my monitor set at? I now work with the brightness set at half way.

Cheers,
Ari