PDA

View Full Version : Another composition

Rosl Roessner
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I started the thread about the right composition for the woodpecker some days ago in this forum.
Now I created another kind of picture. As I have some problems with the light angle from my "blind", I waited until the bird turns the head to the right.
Did some background blurring, sharpening the eye and a slight crop.
Do you mind the light coming not frontal?

George DeCamp
01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Rosi!

This is a beautiful image, you did very well here! The light does not bother me at all...of course maybe a touch of fill flash would open the other side of the bird a little more (perhaps!). Nice and sharp and good composition here also, you created a sweet image for yourself!

Nonda Surratt
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I quite like the light,very,very nice.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
As George said, fill flash might help getting even more details in the shadows. I would also prefer a bit wider DOF and a slightly lower angle so you are at eye level. Beautiful light and bird, BTW.

Rosl Roessner
01-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks for your comments.
I forgot to write the details about the exposure.
I made the image with f 6.3, 1/320 sec. at ISO 800.
To achieve a better dof I would have to go to f 8, but then I have to take also ISO 1000 / 1250 or a slower shutter speed, which will result in loosing sharpnes.

I whish we would have better light in January....
May be, using the fill flash will give better exposure, but today it's raining....

Jacqui Hendry
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Rose

You did a great job with your woodpecker, The light doesn't bother me as you have lovely sharp detail in the feathers and the eye.

Lovely
Jacqui

Christof Ruch
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Very nice pose, again :-)! With the eye contact, this works for me!
What disturbs me here is the WB - it looks very warm on my (calibrated) monitor, I'd cool down the color a tiny little bit.
Christof