PDA

View Full Version : Twilight on the Saint Johns River

Paul Pagano
09-07-2008, 08:11 AM
The sunset was lack-luster and I was headed home but decided to stop here on the way out after seeing a hint of color. It was a good decision. The bridge is just out of frame, right.

Sorry not been around much lately. Busy, busy times and little time to shoot.

Canon 40D
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 @ 17mm f/2.8
ISO 200 1/25s Bogen Monopod
Adjusted saturation and boosted color a bit in LR.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey Paul,
At first.......I was going to say the image needed something more or maybe even a crop.............but the more I looked at it........the more I enjoyed it as presented. The only recommendation I have............clone out the white pinpoints of the lights. For me thay add nothing to the nice sky and light drama.

Kaushik Balakumar
09-07-2008, 11:30 AM
This is such a beautiful sight. Loved those saturated colours. The sky & the reflection looks great. The still water has brought a 'calm' feel to the image. Just feel that the image 'might' require slight (very very slight) CCW rotation (but am not so sure).

Robert Amoruso
09-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I think you did this scene justice Paul. God rays are perfect and I like the deeply saturated cools. Agree with Roman on the cloning and Kaushik on the rotation.

Paul Pagano
09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys. I had considered the CCW rotation and decided to leave it be. Good idea on removing the lights.