PDA

View Full Version : Target Acquired

Kirk Benson
09-07-2008, 02:21 AM
This is one of three Brown Pelicans that put on quite a show for us last weekend. They would glide low over the water looking for fish and then dive on their target. Even their shadows would cause the fish to jump. I did get some images of them as they hit the fish but none were really good angles or in nice light like this one.:( It was amazing to see how nimble these big birds are as they hunted. Thanks for looking and critiques are always encouraged. :D

D300, Nikon 70-300 VR-II @170mm, 1/1600s @ f/7.1, 0 EV, Auto ISO 900

Linda Robbins
09-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Pretty light and great action. I love how you can see the fish jumping as the bird approaches - I can almost see the pelican kniving into the water in the next moment. The pano works well here, and the exposure looks great.

Alfred Forns
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Can add the image is very sharp and has great detail. The placement in frame is good but would go as suggested for more of a pano. Excellent !!!

James Salywoda
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Kirk this is a great shot as your focus is tack sharp on this beauty your comp works very nice I like your title which fits this shot perfectly.
I really look forward to seeing these birds when their colors change this winter. Well Done!