PDA

View Full Version : Common Tern

Haim Ziv
01-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Mark 2 600 mm with TC1.4 1/320 f6.3 ISO400 first morning light.
To me it was very funny behavior :) he just stood on her for more than 5 second without doing nothing.
Thank you for looking and I will appreciate all critique.

Steve Foss
01-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Great moment to capture, Haim. I like the comp a lot. Some may prefer a vertical crop, but I like all that space in front of the birds. Excellent image. It works just right for me.

It's a bit dark on my monitor. The whites aren't very bright and there's no detail at all in the blacks on the birds.
The whites also seem pretty blue. Perhaps lightening the whole image and reducing blue in levels a bit would be in order, and then a judicious application of shadows/highlights to bring out detail in the blacks.

Fabs Forns
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Haim,

You know how happy it makes me to see you here :)

Good advise given by Steve, I tried a quick fixer: Shadow/Highlight, -8 points off the black in blacks in Selective color, -25 of the reds in Hue/Saturation.

Love the composition, really interesting.

Alfred Forns
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi Haim, I did not see the exposure compensation used? I this soft early morning light you usually need to
add light The re-post looks very good !!!

Excellent behavior captured .... all four of them !!!! Congrats !!!

Axel Hildebrandt
01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
The repost looks much better but on my monitor there still is some blue cast. Setting, moment and reflection are great.

Haim Ziv
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Thank you all very very much. The repost looks great.

John Cooper
01-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi Haim - Yes I too was amused when I first saw this behaviour while photographing some Marsh Terns - exactly the same thing. It makes for an interesting image especially with the dual reflection and i like the placement of subjects in the frame. Well seen and taken