PDA

View Full Version : Cloud over Kahtadin

Grace Scalzo
09-06-2008, 10:07 AM
From a recent trip to Maine.

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

1/60, f11, ISO 400
Canon 40D, 16x35 @16

Douglas Bolt
09-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Beautiful scene and well composed. Thanks for posting it, Grace. I like the rocks on the left to balance the interesting clouds coming over the mountain on the right.

Kaushik Balakumar
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
A beautiful place this is. Liked the rich blue water & the clouds near the far off mountains on the top-right.
However the left side - near the edge of the frame (the reflection & the rocks) seems a bit too dark & distracting IMHO.

Robert Amoruso
09-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Sandy Stream Pond in Baxter State Park I reckon Grace?

Nice looking scene and I like the left rock too for the reason Douglas mentioned. Kaushik has a good point on the darkness. Bright and dark portions of am image draw the eye. I suggest you do a curves adjustment to brighten the whole image and then masked out the far show and sky. This will bring up water and the rocks.

Roman Kurywczak
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Grace,
the darkness on the left does draw the eye quite a bit and bringing it up a bit as suggested would help. Although the sky and light weren't the most dramatic, I think you handled all the tech aspects well......including minimizing the sky. Judging by the water it appears you had a bit of wind as the ripples on the water took a bit of the reflection away.......still, judging by all you had to deal with.... this was handled well.