PDA

View Full Version : Brittle Stars

Amy DeStefanis
09-06-2008, 08:40 AM
This is a shot from Bonaire in 2007. These are brittle stars in/on a branching vase sponge. More complexity! :) I guess I just like all the little details....

Amy D.

Nikon D70s in Aquatica housing
60mm Macro
ISO 200
Sea & Sea YS110 strobe - evidently not on full power, but I can't remember the setting
1/125 @ f32

Ed Vatza
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
More complexity! :) I guess I just like all the little details

Hi Amy,

You're right. Tons of detail in there can make it tough to know what to focus on. But it this case, the tentacles coming out of the "hole" in the sponge just pulls me right in. The detail is excellent. The color looks very good. Looks sharp (at f/32, it should! ;)). Nice job.

Robert O'Toole
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi Amy,

Well its sharp and shows all kinds of cool details and colors but I wish we could see the brittle stars body.

Robert

Amy DeStefanis
09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, there IS a little teeny tiny brittle star where it's possible to see his little body if you look in the center foreground...

Maybe I should have named it Branching Vase Sponge with Brittle Star Legs... :)

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Amy D.

Julie Kenward
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Amy, I like your DOF on this one but the composition just isn't working for me. I don't like the dark spot in the LLC and I think I would have preferred a horizontal composition over a vertical one. I keep looking down wondering where the rest of the legs are that got cut off the bottom of the frame!