PDA

View Full Version : Smooth waters

Robert Gravel
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Coming back from shopping in Ottawa last night, I spoted this Heron while crossing a bridge, and sure enough, I did not have my camera gear with me :( , so I rushed home, came back, and thankfully, the Heron had waited for me :) I used Live View and the 2 sec timer to prevent motion blur as the light was getting low and so was the shutter speed. I like the effect this slow speed has on the water.

1/3s, f/8.0, at 400.0mm, iso100
http://www.pbase.com/rgravel/image/102677193/original

Ramon M. Casares
09-05-2008, 07:28 PM
I love the effect and the light, sharpness is good and sorroundings are nice too although with a little higher angle, you would've probably gotten only water as BG wich woul'd've looked better, I know with these birds is not easy to move arround but I would've also change position to avoid the rock behind the bird, still, a fantastic shot and a good idea! Congratulations!

Linda Robbins
09-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I like the silky water effect and the included environment. I wish the bird had given you a better head angle. As Ramon mentioned, it would have been nice , if possible, to change your position so that the rock was not behind the bird. Perhaps then, you could have avoided having the bird in the center of the frame. Still, a very nice image.

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Good exposure and detail . I do agree with the above comments, Many thanks for sharing.