PDA

View Full Version : Montana Badger

ChasMcRae
09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Static portrait of wild Badger taken in Red Rock NWR, Montana ,while he was digging up a ground squirrel burrow. The dig was unsuccessful and he finally went on his way.
I share this since I have not seen one since ,except dead by the road.

Chas.McRae

Slide scanned with Nikon 5000

Canon film camera
600 mm IS Canon
Settings ? probably wide open with fastest speed possible on bean bag in Jeep

Dan Brown
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Cool critter Charles! Good job with the scan. Exp and sharpness look good to me. A better head turn would improve the image. I see quite a few clone marks around the image however! Particularly in front and below the badgers head, the upper frame edge and below your signature letter "M". These things can be cleaned up easily for you I'm sure.

Dan Brown

ChasMcRae
09-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Yep those are clone marks and didn't seem so obvious on the screen prior to post. Now they seem to jump out. Great learning experience for me to have them picked out. Still learning about image manipulation. This picture had lots of white blades of grass that jumped out on the original image, and trying to decrease prominence.

Chas.

Steve Canuel
09-05-2008, 08:34 PM
He does look like he's been digging. Great find just to see on in action. A little head turn would've been nice but I'm sure he was more interested in eating than posing for a picture. Clone marks noted and I've had issues with those bright stalks of grass myself. Saw my first badger a couple of weeks ago, unfortuantely he too was "resting by the road".

Ed Cordes
09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I like badgers. They are hard to find and harder to photograph as they are pretty skittish. Clean up the clone marks and the image will be very good. He looks a bit wet??

Robert Amoruso
09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Chas,

I like the composition of the badger with the dirt as that tells the story, he is digging. My other comments already mentioned above. Nice work getting one.