PDA

View Full Version : My youngest daughter

Michael Lloyd
01-13-2008, 12:14 PM
This was taken on a photography outing to Brazos Bend State Park (TX). She also shoots high school football action with me. I am blessed :p

http://images33.fotki.com/v1072/photos/4/42560/4148659/10_14_06_BBSP_23-vi.jpg

Fabs Forns
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Beautiful girl, and brave too :)

Thanks for sharing her image with us!!

Alfred Forns
01-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes you are Michael !!!!! Love the relaxed pose !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Michael this is an awesome shot of a very brave young lady and how wonderful to have such a neat sidekick at the games. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Lloyd
01-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks everyone. Bug (my nickname for her is actually Huggle Buggle but as she has gotten older we had to shorten it :D) is a joy to be around. She graduates from High School this year and wants to pursue a career in photography. I hope she can but if she doesn't she will always be able to shoot so it's all good. We haven't gone anywhere together lately. We were supposed to go to Bosque this year but neither of our schedules would permit it. Maybe next year.

Thanks again.

Jim Poor
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
It is great that you share a passion to bond over.

George DeCamp
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Wonderful image Michael, looks like she has good technique as well! ;)

Chris Ober
01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Brazos Bend is one of my favorite place to shoot and have been going there for years. How many times have you been asked if you've seen the gators? :)

Michael Lloyd
01-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Brazos Bend is one of my favorite place to shoot and have been going there for years. How many times have you been asked if you've seen the gators? :)

:D True story... I was there with some friends from TPF a few years ago and we spread out. One lady was bringing up the rear and didn't seem to be taking any shots. I was seeing alligators every few feet. She caught up to me just as I had finished shooting a small gator in the ditch to the left (if you are going clockwise around 40 acre lake) and she said "Have you seen any alligators?" I decided to stick with her lest she be eaten by an invisible alligator :D

My favorite thing happened during "baby season" this year. I was set up on a momma that had babies (you may have seen her or the net that the rangers put up). I wanted to get a "baby alligator on mom's head shot". As I waited, a lady jogged up and asked what I was shooting. I told her and she looked in the general direction of where my camera was pointed. I'm pretty sure that she never saw them. As she left I suggested that she give the mother a wide berth since she had babies. She looked back at me with a smirk and kept going. Just about then she spotted mom, leaned forward placing her hands on her knees and said "Oh look! bab..." Right about the time she started to say baby momma exploded out of the water. The lady screamed and ran, I think I said a bad word :p, snagged my gear and took off running the other direction. In a matter of an instant the mother gator had come out of the water and was sitting in the trail where the lady had been. She was hissing and not happy at all. She slid back down the slope and into the water. I was about to set up again when she swam my way. I decided to shoot birds for the rest of the day (see my Yellow-crowned Night Heron shot posted elsewhere :D ). Gators are FAST... Way faster than I would have ever believed if I hadn't seen it for myself.

Chris Ober
01-14-2008, 06:29 AM
Yup, I believe it. I've had to warn people on many occasions that were getting too close to them. Oh, and yes, they can run faster than humans :)