PDA

View Full Version : Red Squirrel

Martin Dyer
01-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Taken in the Cairngorms in Scotland at a feeding site in the Rothiemurchus forest.

Got down really low to make the soft OOF carpet of the Blayberry.

5D and 500f4L

Rick A. Brown
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Good photo. Limited DOF very beneficial here. The squirrel looks like a bad hair day on meth.

Steve Foss
01-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Martin, I like the way the OOF foreground and more OOF background cement this squirrel so strictly into the space. I'm also a sucker for greens. Just love them. Well framed, well exposed, nicely done. Whether the in-focus small tuft of leaves in front of the squirrel adds to the comp or detracts from it is a piece of personal opinion. In my case, I'd view one as is alongside one with the leaves cloned out and see which I liked the best.

John Cooper
01-13-2008, 07:03 PM
A great image Martin - the selective focusing has worked beautifully and you just have to love that tail!!!

DanWalters
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Really like the low ange and the OOF grass in the foreground. Great colors also.

Nonda Surratt
01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Gotta love those ear tufts! I very much like your use of DOF in this image.

Jasper Doest
01-14-2008, 06:31 AM
I love the tail, the addition of vegetation and the OOF foreground....all very nice! However, I do feel that it is photographed a bit too tight. It might work better with slightly more space on bottom and top. Great shooting angle!

D. Robert Franz
01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
With the the OOF FG and the OOF BG similar it has the effect of isolating the subject and giving it strong interest. A little tight on the crop as mentioned by Jasper.. Overall very nice.