PDA

View Full Version : Morning Dew

Gus Cobos
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Note: This is image # 6 of The Ladies of The Garden Collection; painted using a Lensbaby and macro attachments.

This beautiful lady was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Lens baby 3G, with a combination of a +4 and a +10 macro lens attachment.

Image solution: focal length about +/- 50mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / combination of in camera matrix metering and hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points for even light distribution. / insert aperture disk of f/11 / shutter speed @ 1/1000sec. / ISO @ 250 / white balance @ manual, custom profile using an expo disk for calibration / color space @ sRGB / AF - mode @ manual / lighting solution - used two speedlights with attached diffusers ; both units @ 45 degree angles; speedlights were powered down to 1/3 lumen burst on manual mode, each one behind additional diffuser panels. A 36" soft box was used positioned at 180 degrees from the top to achieve the soft glow. / exposure comp @ -1.0EV / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist - using macro focusing rail / cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Alfred Forns
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
I like the compostion Gus The second oof leaf seems to make it for me !!! Sweet !!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Gus, my friend, I missed seeing your beautiful images whilst I was on vacation...this is delicious, just gorgeous and delicate. I love the colours and the droplet takes it over the top for me.
Regards,
Nicki

Harold Davis
09-05-2008, 06:48 PM
this one is REALLY nice, gus!! love the tones and the placement of the drop in the frame is great!! superb job!!

Oscar Zangroniz
09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Excellent composition Gus. Agrr with H regarding the drop.
Congrats,