PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Bush Blossoms (and Peppermint Candies)

Anita Rakestraw
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Another from one of my first experiments with extension tubes, and again, don't know which one(s) were being used. Do you keep notes so you'll know?

8-17-08, 4 p.m.
1DMkIII, 100 macro lens, ext. tube, tripod
ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/1600, EV 0

Mike Moats
09-05-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey Anita, I would usually say this image has to much going on as I like to keep the comp simple, but the more I study it, the more I like like it. The flowers contrast well with the BG. I don't use extension tubes but if I did I wouldn't keep notes on which ones I used. If it wasn't for digital and the tags on the file I wouldn't keep track of that info. the people buying my images don't seem to care about that stuff.:D

Anita Rakestraw
09-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Mike. I didn't even think about bg busy-ness, I was so focused on the flowers and comp....a good example of the helpfulness of objective eyes. Glad you liked it anyway. Thanks for your thoughts on keeping notes (or not) regarding extraneous data. (-:

Julie Kenward
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I like it too, Anita. It's busy and there are some hotter spots that kind of pull my eye away momentarily but they keep making it back to the main subject so what the heck. Lovely image!

Robert O'Toole
09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
The comp and the soft light look great and I like the limited DOF. The pinks really pop against the greens.

Looks great.

Robert

Anita Rakestraw
09-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone!