PDA

View Full Version : Just A Weed

Doug West
09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Thought I'd drop by and see what's going on, since I'm always in the Avian section :)

This is just a weed I captured in Bosque two years ago at the corn fields. I've never,
ever shown this picture to anyone...until now.

While with Artie's group, it was in the afternoon and we had full sun, practicing our
backlit shots.

I can't really explain it, but as I was walking along the road, this particular weed, out
of all the other weeds, just glowed for me. The funny part is, I only had my 600 with
my 1.4x. So there I am, about 20 feet away, laying parallel with the road, photographing
a weed :p

Doug

Mike Moats
09-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Hey Doug, a nice artisic abstract look, which is not everyones taste in the nature photography world, but I like it, and I shoot alot of this kind of stuff. Its much harder to find good abstract comp than staight nature images. Good idea with the backlighting.

Julie Kenward
09-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Love the backlighting Doug but wish the two darker spots were a little more opened up. Other than that little nit picky thing, this is one cool abstract!

Ed Cordes
09-06-2008, 08:28 PM
The back lighting of these weeds make them hard to photograph. You did well here. I like the abstract look.