PDA

View Full Version : Jumping spider ICF 08

D. Robert Franz
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Here's another imamge from the ICF Pro Tour this spring. ICF is flying Lorri and I down to Texas tommorow for the awards banquet on Saturday night. We're very excited knowing we're one of the 3 grand prize winners. Wish us luck.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Date/Time: 2008:04:01 02:13:06
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 320
Focal length: 180mm

Anita Rakestraw
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Cute and beautiful both! Perfect focus on its face. I like how you can see a couple of its legs through the flower leaf. Congratulations on being on of the 3 grand prize winners, and let us know the final lineup!!! Best of luck!!

Robert O'Toole
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats Robert. Beautiful image. Great example of selective DOF.

:D I cant wait for people from this BPN forum asking for more DOF since the Front legs are OOF :D

Robert

D. Robert Franz
09-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Congrats Robert. Beautiful image. Great example of selective DOF.

:D I cant wait for people from this BPN forum asking for more DOF since the Front legs are OOF :D

Robert

I'm watiing also :D

Amy DeStefanis
09-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Wow, look at those blurry legs! (sorry, I had to - thanks for the set-up). ;)

I actually didn't notice the blurry legs until I read Robert's post. I first just noticed the color, contrast, and eyes - which I think is what you want, right? :)

Then, I wondered whether you were nervous he was going to jump.... :eek:

Congratulations!

Amy D.

Aristotle Georgiou
09-05-2008, 05:12 AM
I also didn't notice the legs cause the main focus does this image justice. Great colours, nice composition and all in all a great capture.

Well done Robert!

Mike Moats
09-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Hey Robert, sorry I did notice the OOF legs, and I think it works well as is, and it would also be nice with the legs in focus. Huge congrats on the news your into the grand prizes, must be very exciting. Good Luck.

Julie Kenward
09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey, if the worst thing I can say is I saw it how Mike Moats saw it then I don't think that's too shabby! I like the image either way as well because the face and the color are "monstrously" great!