PDA

View Full Version : Vermillion flycatcher ICF 08

D. Robert Franz
09-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Here's another imamge from the ICF Pro Tour this spring. ICF is flying Lorri and I down to Texas tommorow for the awards banquet on Saturday night. We're very excited knowing we're one of the 3 grand prize winners. Wish us luck.:D

Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Date/Time: 2008:04:21 11:44:20
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Focal length: 840mm

Ramon M. Casares
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, terrific shot, this birds are not easy in Argentina, and let me say that I just love this shot! The perch is a bit "stiff" but still an maazing shot of a bird that I just love! Congratulations and best of luck, although with these images, you won't need luck :)

Axel Hildebrandt
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Great image of this beautiful bird, I like the details in the reds, perch, pose and BG. Congratulations and I will keep my fingers crossed! I hope you will be able to post an award winner soon. :)

Krijn Trimbos
09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Nice!! Good luck with the ceremony and say hi to Jasper from me! Love the perch, BG and headturn, gorgeous specimen! Would take away the ini tiny part of steele (blueish) eye. Excellent shot!

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Nice looking bird with great color,pose and bg!

D. Robert Franz
09-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Congratulations and I will keep my fingers crossed! I hope you will be able to post an award winner soon. :)

Axel,

The grand prize winners in the ICF contest are determined by the total score of their portfolio. No one lucky image can win the grand prize. We had to turn in a total of 60 images from 5 catagories. Each image had a maximum score of 30 (3 judges scoring the image 1-10). The goal is to determine the best all around nature photographer since you have to be able to capture high scoring images in all of the 5 catagories, Bird, Mammals, insects arachnids, reptiles and amphibians, landscapes and plants. Unlike the 1st contest in 06 they are also awarding $500 pizes for the top 20 images in each catagory in an effort to spread out some of the winnings to participants who did not place in the top 10.

Doug Brown
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Great image Robert! Best of luck in the competition!

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Big congratulations and a safe trip . Saw these birds in the Pantanal but was never able to capture a good image. This is a beauty !!!!!! Wonderful color, pose and detail as well as a superb low angle. Love it .

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Very nice image, and colors. I just see some noise in the BG that could be fixed.

James Salywoda
09-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Super image Robert nice pose ,colors and details the bg really sets this bird off nicely. Well done and good luck.

Juan Aragonés
09-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Excelent image, love the complementing green/red colors and the pose of the bird. you managed the reds very well and my only suggestion is to add just a little bit of light to the eye. Good luck with the prizes Robert

Arsdel Fluesmeier
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
This is fantastic. Shrp and colorful. Well done.

Linda Robbins
09-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Gorgeous image! The Spanish Bayonet perch is unique and attractive. Love the colors here...the red of the bird against the dark green background is striking. Excellent in every respect.

Congratulations on the honor you will be receiving from ICF. Please remember to share your grand prize winning photo with us here on BPN!