PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Warblers on a foggy morning

Lyall Bouchard
09-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Found this pair of yellow warblers on a very foggy morning on the south shore of Nova Scotia. They stayed on this perch for just a second or two. I managed just one shot before they moved, but I'm quite pleased with it. I realize it breaks all the rules about not centering the subject, but no matter how I cropped it, I kept coming back to this composition.

Shot with my Canon 30D, 100-400 lens at 400mm, ISO 800, 1/800 at F5.6, EV +2/3, handheld. Cropped from horizontal.

Hope some of you enjoy this one. Comments are always appreciated.

Ramon M. Casares
09-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Just love it, the sipderweb sent this one right into my favorites! I hope you don't mind my intrusion, but I think this crop works better, hope you like it. As I said, I love this shot with only these to birds giving color and life to such "sad" and cold enviromet! Congratulations!

Linda Robbins
09-04-2008, 05:04 AM
The spiderweb adds so much interest to this nice image. I like the clean gray BG. If the second bird had given you a better head angle this lovely image would have been over the top. As far as the crop goes, the original post works best for me. I would brighten the midtones just a bit.

Maxis Gamez
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Hi Lyall,

This is very unique. I don't agree with Ramon's suggestion but he is in the right path. The spider web really adds to this image!

Juan Aragonés
09-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Fantastic image, really sweet. I like the original due to the sensation of space but also I am with Ramon here. I think that an intermediate composition would work better