PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpent Eagle

Sabyasachi Patra
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
I was looking at some of my old shots from the month of May and found this one. The Crested Serpent Eagle was close to me in a dense foliage.

Canon EOS 40D, Canon 300mm F4 L IS USM, ISO 200, F8, 1/40 sec, handheld using Bushhawk. Full frame.

Daniel Cadieux
09-03-2008, 11:01 AM
I will have to be honest here and say that this image does not really work for me. The BG is quite messy, and the bird is awkwardly cropped mid-leg. Flipping your camera to a vertical would have likely included the whole bird (depending on the lenght of the tail) and also eliminated some of the BG. Were you able to take some others from other vantage points (such as farther to the right)?

On the bright side this looks like a very cool species. Looks it was quite cooperative! :-)

Sudhir Shivaram
09-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Sabyasachi, Nice to see you here. I echo the thoughts of Daniel. As we know that this species is very co-operative, see how you can work on the subject and get different images from other angles choosing a nice bg.

Rgds,
Sudhir

Markus Jais
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
The raptor is well exposed and sharp. But I think it's too centered and the background is quite distracting (but I know that's this is hard with forest dwelling birds). A vertical shot would have worked better here because then you could have included the feet.

Markus