PDA

View Full Version : Ad Mock Up

Chris Hansen
09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
This is a mock up of a fishing reel ad I made for a really good steelhead fishing buddy of mine Joe Benoit. Who by the way is one of the best photographers I know. The image is a composite of three images. A fishing reel. Joe with a fish and an image of rocks in the bottom of a stream. My biggest difficulty was with the print not contrasting well enough to be read easily.

Any ideas to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

God's blessings to all,

chris

Lance Warley
09-03-2008, 06:15 AM
A few suggestions, Chris:
- Layout: Move the Ambassadeur header a few clicks to the left, so that it's centered. The way you have it, it's not centered and it's also not flush right. Move the reel a couple of clicks down and to the right. I know it's tight, but it needs more space below the "?"
- Text: The first column needs some work. The second and third columns start with strong sub-headers ("Tournament Grade:" and "Construction:") but the first column starts with a right-justified model name ("TGC 5000 C"), unless TGC 5000 C is something else. Try killing the TGC 5000 C and replacing it with a sub-header. Maybe something like "Pro Demands It."

I'm not crazy about "Pro Demands It" but the sun's coming up here and I'm going out to hopefully get some shots in the swamp. Please repost if you choose to give it another try. I'd love to see how you change it.

Arthur Morris
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Could you post the text alone? There are lots of problems with it.