PDA

View Full Version : Spring Valley Ranch After the Storm

Chris Hansen
09-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Haven't posted in Landscape in awhile. Snowscapes aren't my usual forte but i'll give it a try. A preview of what's to come this winter.

Canon 10D
Canon 28-105 @ 68 mm
ISO 200
1/180 sec @ F16.0
RAW File
beat up bogen 3021 tripod
Bogen 3055 Heavy duty Ballhead
RS 80N3 remote

All comments and critiques are welcome.

God's light and blessings to all,

Chris

Johannes Glännman
09-03-2008, 02:42 AM
I like it. Your tried payed off....

The picture almost look black&white and the contrast between that and the red shed is fantastic.

Your wintermission is now to do more snowscape :)

cheers // Johannes

Robert Amoruso
09-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Chris,

This image has a real good "feel" to it. It makes me want to be there. Very sharp on the trees in the FG right to the BG. I might suggest a bit lower or more FG would have given the tops of the evergreens more space and not truncated them as much but then again, for images with tree lines, it becomes a factor of diminishing returns. Include more of one tree and then the top of another gets in the image.

Johannes has it right on the B&W look with the red structure - great contrast there.

You have a lot of detail in the sky not evident here. I did a curves adjustment and just lower the contrast to reduce the brightness of the image and then using a layer mask on the adjustment layer, painted black on the FG. That revealed some dust spots in the sky that will need to be cloned.

Great work with this image.

Roman Kurywczak
09-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi Chris,
Robert did what i was going to recommend for the sky...........and his correction definitely brought out a ton of detail. I also like the comp in a ano crop.......works very well also. Nicely composed and exposed........not the most dramatic..........but the barn gives quite a bit of punch and Robert's re-post brings out a huge amount of details.

Kaushik Balakumar
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Lovely feel in the image. Was wondering as to how a pano crop would look...?
Sky IMHO is not offering much to this image...