PDA

View Full Version : Erosion

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Hi All!!!....great & glad to be sharing images with such great photographers!!! I admire your work & hope to have your feedback

I took this picture a few months ago during a visit to the "Cajón del Colorado" near Santiago de Chile....the river, the rocks, the water hitting the rocks all day long...erosion begins...

Equipment: Canon Xt + 18-55kit. V.3 Sec. f29. ISO 100 MeteringMode : Average. F 55(mm)

Best regards
Guillermo

Arthur Morris
01-13-2008, 11:14 AM
I like it but know that it needs some cropping, esp. off the top. So I am gonna have a go at it... Usually I look at an image and know the crop or the better COMP in an instant. Not so with this one. Back in a sec...

Tried various and wound up liking the one below best.

later and love, artie

ps: Or maybe a hair more off the top.

Rich Ikerd
01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I really like the image Guillermo. You've used a good shutter speed and retain details in the foam (not always easy to do). I can see what Artie is trying to do with the crop, but I prefer your original crop since it doesn't cut off any of the major rocks in the formation (Artie's suggestion makes it too tight in the frame IMO). It isn't always easy to get clean borders in situations like this with so many rock around, but I would prefer keeping all of the major players intact.

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Thank you very much Arthur / Rich!!!...glad to have your apreciations over my image...while shooting the image I tried to solve the top of the image...almost how Arthur is proposing...it was a difficult decision cropping or not cropping the top of the image...

Thanks again for your feedback!!
Regards
Guillermo

Jason Hahn
01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I like somewhere between Artie's crop and your original, so that here is just enough room to include that top rock in the frame, without there being obvious rocks cropped off in that top pile. Really interesting lines, I like your choice of shutter speed, especially in the look of the waterfall in mid frame where the water spills over the rock.

Jason