PDA

View Full Version : Yetapá (Strange-tailed Tyrant)

Ramon M. Casares
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi all, today I would like to share this Yetapá image, taken a few days ago in Corrientes, I have to thank my pal Matias Romano for inviting me to make this trip without him and his passion I wouldn't have taken this photograph. This bird is endagered because of his enviroment destruction, his considered vulnerable by the IUCN.

Hope yopu like it! Enjoy!!

Mark II
70-200mm 2.8
TC2X
Tv 1/1000
Av f7.1
Iso 400
Comp Exp +2/3

C&C are welcome and apreciated!!

Axel Hildebrandt
09-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Very cool bird and image, thanks for sharing, I have never seen this species before. I like the light, exposure control and BG. Hard to believe this is his tail. :)

Doug Brown
09-02-2008, 04:45 PM
What's not to like Ramon! Great perch, BG, sharpness, and let's not forget those tail feathers!

Juan Carlos Vindas
09-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Wonderful!
Really rare bird! Very nice image.

Raymond Barlow
09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
amazing image and awesome looking bird, I sure hope the habitat issues can be resolved, this is far too beautiful a species to destroy. Just a small suggestion for composition below., I think there is just enough head turn for this to work. Congrats Ramón, fantastic shot.

Ramon M. Casares
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Thank yuo all for your kind words and thank you Raymon for the suggestion, but everyday I like more and more birds with wide framings :) Specially for prints.

Gus Cobos
09-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Ramon,
excelente...:D The colors and details are fantastic. Love the fan shaped tail...:eek::):cool:

Tony Whitehead
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Lovely bird and shot. Fascinating tail - must look interesting in flight. I quite like tight framing but think your original works well

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Really a stunning image Ramon and what a beautiful bird. I love that you were able to get that gorgeous tail and the wonderful head turn. Awesome !!!! Thanks for sharing.

Maxis Gamez
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't you dare touch that composition boy!!! Outstanding light and composition!! :)

Greg Basco
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Ramon, great shot of an awesome bird. Exposure, sharpness, and composition are all right on to my eye.

Cheers,
Greg

Kaushik Balakumar
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Oh such a beautiful bird...
Have never seen this before. Personally, I liked the original composition.
Congrats on this image Ramon.

Steve Canuel
09-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Ramon,
Beautiful bird well captured. How often do the tail feathers get replaced? Seems you caught them at a nice time before they got a little worn and tattered.
Steve

Ramon M. Casares
09-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Ramon,
Beautiful bird well captured. How often do the tail feathers get replaced? Seems you caught them at a nice time before they got a little worn and tattered.
Steve

Steve, thnaks, I am not sure about how often the feathers get replaced, but I saw a few others individuals with thier tail feathers very worn out and deteriorated, it is probably very dificult for them to keep these feather in conditions, good thing this one had beautifull, neat feathers.

Raymond Barlow
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Thank yuo all for your kind words and thank you Raymon for the suggestion, but everyday I like more and more birds with wide framings :) Specially for prints.

I very much agree, I am not a fan of tight compositions myself, I prefer a large element of environment., I just thought it was worth a try. here is a recent re-edit with the bird very small in the frame...

http://www.pbase.com/raymondjbarlow/image/102027983

I hope to get much better at this concept, it looks like a whole new skill to learn for me.

Linda Robbins
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Absolutely gorgeous....what a bird! The pose, background, perch, and composition are all perfect. Outstanding image!

Fabs Forns
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
What a beautiful looking bird, the tail feathers ar to die for!!! Good for you to get thim!!! I like the compo as presented.

Un abrazo :)
Hugs,

Fabs

Chris van Rooyen
09-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Amazing looking bird Ramon, and the opportunity executed to perfection. Background is superb

Juan Aragonés
09-03-2008, 03:17 AM
Fantastic bird Ramon, first time I see this species. I wouldn´t change a thing in this image but if I have to change the composition/framing I would vote for more room at the left to balance that fantaistic tail. I agree with you about wider compositions. Thanks a lot for posting this beauty

Krijn Trimbos
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Gorgeous bird, light, and BG. I think you could take a bit of the left although not too much as was pointed out by several photographers including you that the space on the left balances the composition. Great shot!

Gyorgy Szimuly
09-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Definitely a first time published species here. Congrat to get him.
I don't like too much that tight version (repost) but maybe somewhere in between. Is that a full frame image?
Very nice. I am missed to see it when visiting Argentina.

Szimi

Ramon M. Casares
09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Is that a full frame image?

Gyorgy, yes, preety much, I only cropped at the top to give tyhe shot a panoramic feel.
Thank you all for you kind words and insights!

Glenn Bartley
09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Awesome image! Such a cool species wonderfully presented.

Rob Palmer
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
An amazing bird shot perfectly. It looks like his tail feathers are from another species. Wonderful catch!

Ramon M. Casares
09-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Thank you all VERY much for your comments and insights, I apreciate you taking the time to take a look! Glad you liked it! Have a nice day!