PDA

View Full Version : Flying Black-bellied Whistling Duck

EdwinDaleccio
09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
First time posting in this forum. Hope you guys like it.

Anyways, I was out at Viera Wetlands in Rockledge, Florida. It wasn't raining but the cloud cover was horrible. Exposure nightmare. I scared this guy when i drove by him, I had enought time to capture 3 shots but not much time for framing.

http://s152588970.onlinehome.us/PiCs/Birding/Viera%20Sept%2008/6.JPG

Ed Cordes
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Great job for a spur of the moment opportunity. I like the detail and the good exposure. I might add some canvas to the left and crop from the right a bit.

Axel Hildebrandt
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Welcome to BPN, Edwin! Very nice first post, cool pose, good exposure control and eye contact. I agree regarding putting the bird further to the right in the frame to give it more space to fly into. Keep them coming!

EdwinDaleccio
09-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the kind comments... The framing is definetely not the best. It was full frame and flew by me like a rocket.

Juan Aragonés
09-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Wellecome on board Edwing. I agree about the need for more room at the left. Maybe you would try a vertical crop. Very good timming!

Linda Robbins
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to BPN Edwin!

Nice first post. Good exposure control and I like the flight position and those pink feet trailing behind. Too bad he didn't fly right instead of left....then the composition would have been perfect! Looking forward to seeing more of your images.....