PDA

View Full Version : Punishing the Ground

Paul Marcellini
09-01-2008, 03:06 PM
On the way out of the glades from the previous shot, stopped and watched this storm. It was real active for about 30 mins and then the lightning just stopped. Even without a camera in hand, I love being around lightning. It makes you feel alive, as do storms and the cool breeze they bring. I've never really feared being struck, stupid I know, it just doesn't instill in me any worries.

One time while fishing, the air got so statically charged, that when we cast out our lures, the line continued to float in the air. =) Now that was cool.

Anyways, enjoy, I tried a new technique on this. It is two shots of consecutive strikes, one overlayed in lighten mode.

20d, tamron 28-75 2.8@ 28mm f7.1 iso200 30s x 2

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Kaushik Balakumar
09-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Excellent Paul. Liked it all the way. This image indeed give the lightning 'feel'. The multiple lightning is a sure plus & there's good details in the clouds too. The diffused light from behind the clouds is amazing.

Roman Kurywczak
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey Paul,
Glad to see someone is as excited about lightning as I am! Maybe a crop of about 1/2 off the top above the cloud for my tastes.....but the conversion technique and keepingthe center of interest in the middle is very powerful. Nothing quite like lightning to make you feel alive!

Robert Amoruso
09-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Paul,

I agree with Romans crop suggestion, otherwise very well executed. Placement of cloud and lightening in image just right as is small strip of land in FG to act as anchor.