PDA

View Full Version : Interacting with the wildlife

Alfred Forns
09-01-2008, 12:25 PM
From Cayman Island, Stingray City. One place be sure to visit if you go to the Caymans. Water is shallow and can just snorkel over the rays if you wish. They are tame and cooperative.

The area started from fishermen cleaning dropping hook and cleaning their catch before going into the docks. The rays became used to free meals then dive operators figured out a good thing. Fun to place some fish inside your lycra suit and hang on !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Amy DeStefanis
09-01-2008, 12:55 PM
HI Alfred. Did you go diving?

We've gone to Stingray City also, and it is fun. They just come flying in from everywhere. Didn't like the sand getting in the knobs of my housing, though.

The stingray coming in in the background looks like he's the only one posing for the photographer. Looks like he's smiling.

I opted NOT to carry any fish - I couldn't focus that close! They're so fast and close, it's hard to get them. They will give you quite the hickey if they latch on, too!

:)

Amy D.

Alfred Forns
09-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I opted to place several inside the lycra dive suit and it was a riot btw the hickey was not fun it hurt !!!! Had one hugging me as tight as it could !!!! Fun place

Julie Kenward
09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
What a riot! I've never been to the Cayman's but this looks like its a blast!

Gus Cobos
09-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Excellent place Al,
Been there twice. You really have a blast...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-01-2008, 06:22 PM
I remember this all very well Alfred. Great place to go and so much fun. Love the image and big thanks for sharing it.

Rocky Sharwell
09-02-2008, 05:28 AM
This made me shiver a bit--as it reminded me of my own up close and personal ray encounter at Ft. DeSoto. I do like the image though....

Fabs Forns
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I remember the place, a thrill for sure ) Thanks for sharing this!

Linda Robbins
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
An amazing place,,..so wonderful to be among these beautiful animals. Very nice image.