PDA

View Full Version : Wings on fire

Juan Aragonés
09-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks a lot for your comments to my last images of flamingo and for the suggestions about how to improve them. Fabs, I think that is a great honour to be part of your black list :p
This is another image from this summer in the same wetland but with a very diferent an dramatic light. A group of two subadult and a young flamingo under the first light of a fantastic morning against a dark and grey stormy sky. As always, your comments and critics are much appreciated

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300 VR + 1,4XTC (D2X HSC mode) tripod and WH II, manual exposure,1/1000s f5,6 -0,3EV ISO 320

Keith Carver
09-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Love the light, color and framing of this one, Juan! Find myself wishing the two subadults were separated a little more. Also the bird's heads and neck seem just a little soft on my monitor. Must have been a great treat to see these magnificent birds at first light. Congrats!

Raymond Barlow
09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
brilliant image Juan, what a pleasure to see your images.

Juan Aragonés
09-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Thank you guys for the nice comments :):)
Keith, I agree with you about the softness of the neck and head. I think that is due to a bad processing for web presentation. I will try to repost an optimized file when I arrive at home.

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
All images from the flamingo series are great and breathtaking!
I prefer this one than previous,great details,colors and light!

Axel Hildebrandt
09-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Great light, wing positions and BG. Is the partially covered bird a juvenile?

Juan Aragonés
09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes Axel, a juvenile and two subadult birds. In the adult plumage all the underwing coverts are black (primaries, secondaries and greater underwing coverts) and carmine but in this image, both birds have a mixed of salmon, carmine, black and white feathers. The color of the sking covering the bill is quite different regarding the age of the bird: almost white on the juveniles, light pink on the subadults and intense pink on the adults. I will try to post a juvenile next time :)

Great light, wing positions and BG. Is the partially covered bird a juvenile?

Ed Cordes
09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Wonderful light! I agree with the comment re separation of the sub adults.

Ramon M. Casares
09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Terrific shot, the poses of the three of them are outstanding! Congratulaitons!