PDA

View Full Version : Praying for an happy meal

Leon Baas
09-01-2008, 03:23 AM
These young mantis prayer estimates its chances for his first meal in a world where it is eat or be eaten.
In this case, he let him go.

For this photo i used my fiberlights.

Kind Regards,
Leon Baas

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/139/sprinkheunwj0eh06366374kq0.jpg

Jonathan Michael Ashton
09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
A beautifully composed shot, great DOF and sharp, I hope I don't upset you, but I would really like to have seen it under natural light
Jon

Julie Kenward
09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree. I love the concept that you're going for and this is a really striking image...but it does leave me wishing to see it in a more "natural" form. Just my personal opinion but this one looks a little more harsh than the last one and that leaves me wanting a more natural lighting here.

Gus Cobos
09-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Congratulations Leon,
I like it as presented. The lighting gives your subjects an intense feeling of anticipation and stress; just before the battle. Your subjects are balanced in frame and the black background makes them come alive. I like your fiber optics...good show...looking forward to more of your creations...:cool:

Leon Baas
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
You don't upset me Jonathan Of course not!
But i 'm only photograph in backlight.
I always shooting in backlight.
And sometimes that gives an unnatural effect.
But it is natural.
I'm only change the light

Kind Regard,
leon Baas

Ed Vatza
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
I find myself agreeing with Jon and Julie here. I really like the tension that you've captured in the composition. And I understand that your "style" is to do backlighting but this one looks much harsher to me than your previous post.

Mike Moats
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey Leon, I think it has a great look, and I like to see things in different light like this. It has an artistic look rather than natural, which is ok.