PDA

View Full Version : Beneath the Feeders

Julie Kenward
08-31-2008, 08:00 PM
This little sparrow was anything but shy as I sat down a few feet away from him. He was directly below the feeders - hence all the sunflower shells - and I can't decide whether to leave the bright flecks in or whether to just trash the image. He was such a sweetie that I hate to give up on it but I really hate all those bright spots.

Any suggestions?

Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/4K
f4.5 @ 1/200th, ISO 400
Handheld, late afternoon shade
AWB, Center weighted metering

Amy DeStefanis
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Jules,

Would you feel better about the bright flecks if the tones were a little warmed up? To me they have a cyan cast. He is very sweet I see why you'd like to rescue the shot if you can.

Amy

Lana Hays
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Jules
I agree with Amy about the color cast and warming up the bright flecks. It would appear more natural.....but it would still have "bright flecks"....just a different color. I have a lot of ground feeding sparrows in the winter and toss some seed on the ground. However, I also put some small logs out in the area and they often perch nicely on the logs with a little seed......then I photograph them out the basement window and am at eye level. Keep the seed going for the little guys and you might find a nice arrangement for this winter for him and all his friends.

Maxis Gamez
09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi Julie,

Too low in the frame, color cast mentioned and the BG looks a little busy for my taste. Do you have any more?

The problem is that the bird blends too much with the BG. :(