PDA

View Full Version : War Hero

Alfred Forns
08-30-2008, 09:45 PM
First need to apologize for cutting the fee !!! Played it close and lost.

Walking down a street, I spotted this gentleman walking proudly with his wife. Lots of medals from the Great War being displayed which is common. I wanted to make the image when he was lined up with the poster and Mc Donald's just behind. Used the Leica M6 bringing it up, focusing and setting the exposure by feel.

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Harold Davis
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
you should have been a spy!! pretty good at that hip shooting!! is this russia? and BTW, i know about cutting off feet!! see above post!!

Alfred Forns
08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
It is Russia Harold !!! .... btw I also went by the KGB headquarters !!!!!.. didn't go in :)

Gus Cobos
08-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Mr. Al.
Love it...You gave us a bonus here...:D The pigeon following the old timer is a spy for the KGB...:eek::p:):D

Jason Kinsey
09-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Nice shot Alfred. Was this taken recently?

Alfred Forns
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
No Jason I was there about ten years ago. Probably there hasn't been many changes!!

Robert Amoruso
09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
You and Harold are having a feet issue Alfred :)

Carl Mohr
09-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I saw a similar dressed gentelman in Odessa, Nov 07', but was afraid to point my camera at him.
Normally, I would ask permission, but I don't speak Russian. The residents did not smile much, so I felt a little
uncomfortable.

Alfred Forns
09-06-2008, 03:21 PM
That's the beauty of the Leica M system Carl. With practice you can set the aperture and distance by feel and shoot without bringing the camera up. I'm going to try something similar with the Canon G9. Need to check if there is any AF assist beam on the camera.

Ed Cordes
09-06-2008, 08:19 PM
It is Russia Harold !!! .... btw I also went by the KGB headquarters !!!!!.. didn't go in :)

Alfred, you didn't have to go in. They read your mind while you passed by!!! :) Seriously you presented a nice image that shows a good contrast between the old and new.