PDA

View Full Version : Just Strolling Along

Harold Davis
08-30-2008, 07:16 PM
If Artie sees this, he probably wont be happy that I dont know what this is! I guess I need to buy the book!!

I think this was taken at Little Estero Lagoon a few months ago. You think the HAP are gonna bust me on this one?:o

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/6.3, 1/1000s, 0EV, ISO 200

thanks for looking!

Katie Rupp
08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Oh wow, great exposure, detail and look at that low angle! I like the "stolling" pose and I don't think you'll need bail money. Those shades of blue are beautiful. Really Nice!

Amy DeStefanis
08-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I like it. I posted a Willet with a similar head angle, and the HAP didn't say anything about it.... Yours is tack sharp, and it looks like you must've dug your camera into a trench to get such a nice low angle! The blurred waves in the background are interesting. They are blurred by DOF, but frozen by the shutter speed, making it a really interesting effect.

Amy D.

Gus Cobos
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Simple and elegant. I like it as presented Dr. Daktari...:) The colors and details are superb The background compliments your subject very nicely and makes him stand out. I like the low capture angle, and the walk is a killer...good show...looking forward to your next aquatic adventure and capture...:cool:

Julie Kenward
08-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Love it!!! The head angle is close but I think only the head of the head police will give you any trouble as it is such a gorgeous portrait! One thing I'd do is to clone away the white areas that extend up into the blue sky...they draw my eye away and we can't have that when this beauty is strutting his stuff!

Alfred Forns
08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Such a sweet looking bird the HA Police is relaxing !!! ... actually you are very close and looks good Would clean the bill !!

Seems to be a black bellied plover in non breeding plumage. Like the low angle and pose, raised foot a plus and timed the wave pretty good. Might take out some of the bothersome oof reflections !!! Real nice Harold !! Proud of you !!!

Lance Peters
08-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Mr H - love the pose and the eye contact and the catchlight in the eye and the low angle - well done.

no HAP for this one me thinks.
:)

Jackie Schuknecht
08-31-2008, 07:26 AM
Love the blues too. And the stride capture. I too find the white branches/twigs in the BG a little distracting. I would get ride of the ones that are sticking up the most.
Beautiful shot!

John Hawkins
08-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Black-Bellied Plover? If I'm wrong.....Don't tell Artie.

Oscar Zangroniz
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Excellent H. You have great details in this one. Very sharp and well composed.

Regards to Mrs. H from me and Diane.

Arthur Morris
09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
This is a very nice image Harold. Love the perspective, the raised foot, and the spray of foam in the urc balances the COMP nicely. Techs are right on.