PDA

View Full Version : After the sun goes down

Maxis Gamez
08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.********.org/bpn/40D/_MG_7282.jpg
After the sun goes down - S.W Florida

I found this cool place but only had few minutes to capture this image as I was being yell at "Let's go!!" :D:D

I'm not much of a landscape photographer yet but I want to learn.... you guys do some AMAZING stuff. Going back to this location for more!

Canon 40D, 24-70mm @ f/22, 20sec, ISO 100, 2 f/stop ND filter, Live view, tripod, RAW, Full frame.

Thanks!

Paul Marcellini
08-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Love the feel and the color gradient on this. As far as comp, maybe move a step or two to the left and panned back right. This would have eliminated the rock clipped on the left side and brought in the rock touching the right side. Not sure if there were more rocks over to the right though. Also you could have fit the underwater rocks into the lower left corner to have a bit of a leading line.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Roman Kurywczak
08-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey Maxis,
For not being a landscape guy you sure did very well on this one. Besides the comp improvements Paul mentioned........I might add that going right and concentrating on the separate rocks....without the large long one could also improve the comp. Just think separation as you would with the birds. Each rock an individual bird. Love the SS choice as it gave the water wonderful silky look and the strong black of the rocks with the under water shadows is super.....just watch those edges. I can't wait to see your future attempts as this area looks likeit has tons of potential. As for those yelling at you to hurry up............the best revenge is to show them what they potentially missed! This one is still very nice as is!

Robert Amoruso
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
You found yourself a good location worth exploring in the future. Paul and Roman cover my critique well. Exposure and post processing just right to capture those colors.

Douglas Bolt
08-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Wonderful image! It could be cropped in several ways and always end up with a great image. The light and the exposure are spot on.

John Cooper
08-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Hi Maxis, Love the gradation of tones here from the cool FG to the very warm BG; and the slow shutter speed has rendered an etheral quality to the sea. Very nice capture!!

D. Robert Franz
08-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Beautiful tranquil image. A little less sky would help. The rock coming into the frame on the left side could be eliminated. Well done Maxis!

Rocky Sharwell
09-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Maxis,

You did really well here....I would crop out about 1/2 the sky--maybe not so much. As others have commented I would point the camera bit to the right to get rid of the rock on the left and include the one on the right.

I would also tell your friends to shoosh and wait a bit......I do think it is well worth going back to.

Rafael Rodriguez Mojica
09-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Wonderful mystic scenery. You really captured the essence of it.