PDA

View Full Version : It's a Beautiful Day

Ed Vatza
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Image made this morning in Jacobsburg State Park (PA). Skies were cloudy but the day was beautiful.

Canon Rebel XT; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible flash bracket; Tripod-mounted w/ Novoflex Focusing Rail.

1/250 sec @ f/8; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; Cloudy WB; FEC -1

Gus Cobos
08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Ed,
I like the flower and the contrasting background. I see that your yellows are a tad too saturated and the stem is coming directly out of the intersection of your frame. It needs to be moved...:cool:

Julie Kenward
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I am hereby issuing a photography challenge throwdown. :eek::confused::eek:

(Man, I really wish we had something like a little fireball instead of just the smiley faces...it would make this much more dramatic!)

If you are photographer enough to take the challenge...

I am challenging you, Ed Vazta, to the first ever "Break the Mold" BPN Macro/Flora Throwdown Challenge. You and I have three days (that would be this labor day weekend) to get out there in the world and make an image for the Macro/Flora forum that is so different from our usual 'modus operandi' that people will have to LOOK at the name to see who's photo it is and then cause them to clap wildly at the majestic beauty that is our vision.

You can vary the DOF, the composition, break every light metering trick in the book...whatever you want to do as long as it doesn't end up looking like this forum's average macro/flora photograph. No holds barred...do whatever you want in camera or in post processing to make your best image sing.

The person with the most unusual macro/flora photo for the weekend wins bragging rights as the winner of the first official "Break Out of Your Mold" BPN Macro/Flora Throwdown!!! :D:D:D

So, Ed...you photographer enough to take me on??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

Anybody else want a piece o' me???

Ed Vatza
08-29-2008, 07:15 PM
You're calling ME out? You really want a piece of me? Am I supposed to be scared? :eek::eek::eek:

You're on. And I will even do it with one hand tied behind my back. I'll limit the post-processing. Because I'm not that good at it. :D

Julie Kenward
08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Anybody else gonna play with us??? You got all weekend to make a macro image that will blow us away. C'mon!!! Make Ed and I work for the title of "FIRST ANNUAL BPN MACRO/FLORA LABOR DAY WEEKEND THROWDOWN!!!"

Robert O'Toole
08-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Image made this morning in Jacobsburg State Park (PA). Skies were cloudy but the day was beautiful.

Canon Rebel XT; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible flash bracket; Tripod-mounted w/ Novoflex Focusing Rail.

1/250 sec @ f/8; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; Cloudy WB; FEC -1

Hi Ed,

Well good work once again, the comp is looks great and the exposure is right on, and sharpness is very good. I would change a thing except to remove the little cob web and maybe try for a butterfly, or insect. The extra special element would have made the image really memorable.

Sick in bed with the flu so no photo comp this weekend for me :-(

Robert

Aristotle Georgiou
08-30-2008, 02:50 AM
Great shot Ed, I really like the composition and the angle you have taken this flower is superb.

Well done mate!

I wish I could be out taking photo's, but I have to catch up with a lot of study. NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!