View Full Version : Foxglove

mikedelaney
08-29-2008, 11:19 AM
canon 40D
Sigma 70mm macro
f 6.3
1/3200 s.
ISO 400

i got this one at Chanticleer gardens also. the place is fantastic for flowers.
i hope this one is ok too.

Katie Rupp
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Mike, another nice flower image, sharp and nice color. I would probably crop the leftside to eliminate the oof flower(s).

Gus Cobos
08-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Mike,
Pretty flower.I like the concept here, and what you were trying to do. I did various modifications to your image. I cropped the left oof flower to the left of your main subject; because it was taking away from your main lady. I added canvas to the right of the frame so that you would comply with the rule of thirds, increased contrast and saturation, diffused the background, sprinkled selective sharpening and the only thing you need to do is work on your hot whites. thats your home work...:cool:

mikedelaney
08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi Mike,
Pretty flower.I like the concept here, and what you were trying to do. I did various modifications to your image. I cropped the left oof flower to the left of your main subject; because it was taking away from your main lady. I added canvas to the right of the frame so that you would comply with the rule of thirds, increased contrast and saturation, diffused the background, sprinkled selective sharpening and the only thing you need to do is work on your hot whites. thats your home work...:cool:
Gus, i wish i were 1/2 the crafter of light that you are.:)

Alfred Forns
08-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Mike You are doing well with the flowers !!!

Love what Gus did to the flower and a good guide of what to look for in the viewfinder !!! Look from all angles before making the image !!! Its going to be fun !!!

mikedelaney
08-30-2008, 02:39 AM
thanks for the encouragements. we love Gus's improvements on this shot. we attached our 70mm and are going out today in search of our next shot.