PDA

View Full Version : Least Tern Chick

Harold Davis
08-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Taken on Lover's Key State Park in June. They sure are hard to spot!! But are a treat when you do!

D300, Bigma at 500mm, f/11, 1/1600s, 0EV, ISO 500, flash fill at +3.0EV with BB.

thanks for looking and comments and critiques are appreciated.

Ramon M. Casares
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Not sure about the crop, but I do love this shot!! Congratulations!

Arthur Morris
08-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Sweet. You did a great job of framing the little cutie with the scallop shells; you picked the perfect spot, and, I like the crop. A bit more flash was called for to light the shaded right side of the bird's head. When working in the sun I often go +1 on the flash or even more.

BTW, thanks a bunch for your purchase of ABP II.

Judy Lynn Malloch
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Sweet capture Harold and love the low angle. I like the idea of the pano as it shows us just how small this little baby really is. Very special captured moment and thanks for sharing Harold.

Joanna Trescott
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
This shot portrays how vulnerable these chicks must feel. The shells are as big as it is. Great shot.

Gus Cobos
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Mr. Daktari
Excellent capture, I like the pano composition. It zones in and locks on to the chick. Very well done...You must of been belly below the surface for this one...:eek::p;):):D Thats ok your low capture angles says it all. Congrats...I likethis one very much...give me some more of your beach series...:cool:

Linda Robbins
08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I think the composition and crop is great, and the chick waiting for a parent to return just tugs at your heartstrings. The scallop shells give a good perspective of just how little these chicks are. You must have had sand on your chin to get this nice low angle!