PDA

View Full Version : End of the day at Seawall

Roman Kurywczak
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Taken in Acadia NP as we were desperately looking for a place to compose the sunset. I was not especially excited when the colors began and I wasn't expecting the dramatic colors (what do I know?) ....soI did something I almost never do.....I hand held because I didn't want to run back to the car for the tripod.........hence ISO 1250. Mark 3 with the 28-135mm lens at 44m and f9 for 1/80 sec. and Noise Ninja applied in PP.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Douglas Bolt
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Beautiful sunset.

I don't think this is necessarily a better version, just a little different. I boosted the saturation of the reds, yellows and blues, added a screen blend layer to the shadows and then masks everything but the darkest areas to give the fog rising of the water look. I also cropped a little to move the water line up a bit and to draw attention to the lovely grasses in the lower right.

The colors may be a little over the top, but thanks for such a beautiful image.

Robert O'Toole
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
I like it Roman the colors and the feeling is great, well done.

IS really works dosent it, I have made sharp images down to 1/10 or slower with my 28-135 IS.

Given the fact that the image is well done the only critique is a very minor one, it would be the ever so slight halo at the tree line. Typically I dont think many BPNers would notice.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
I like the inclusion in the FG of the grass, acts as an anchor.

Halo on the trees does not worry me for JPG posting as long as it is not something really obvious.

D. Robert Franz
08-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Nice comp and I like the revision by Doug as well. I was thnking about a little less sky even as nice as it is, when I first looked at the image

Kaushik Balakumar
08-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Like the colours in the image. Douglas does great job on PP but in this case, the details in shadows is too less to try & recover it IMHO. There's apparent noise in the shadows in the re-post & ISO1250 is not going to help in anyway.
In this case, I liked the original more...

Maxis Gamez
08-30-2008, 11:48 AM
First post works best!