PDA

View Full Version : Fun in Florida

Diane Chenault
01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
D300 200-400 lens 1.4 tele. f8 320 ISO. 4:50pm a few days ago in Central Florida. No cropping or sharpening. A twig was removed in the lower left hand corner. Wanted to see if it was possible to post without sharpening. It looks very sharp on my computer.

Thanks for a good site.

Diane

Jim Poor
01-12-2008, 07:23 PM
The lower bird could definitely use a dose of smart sharpen. It does look nice and sharp for an out of the camera starting point, which can only be enhanced by a little sharpening post shutter to counter the AA filter of the camera.

A crop from the left would improve things a little.

I like the wing raised and open beak and perch. A move down and right might bring the nest itself (I think that's part of the nest in the lower right) which would really put this over the top for me.

Mike Lentz
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Fun in Florida is right. I agree about pulling a crop in on the lefthand portion of the image. Nice image, Diane.

Linda Robbins
01-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Wonderful behavior capture, and the head angles of both birds are good. Regarding the composition, I think that the image would have been stronger if you had pointed your camera down a bit and more to the right to lesson the blank sky on the left and above the birds. A vertical may have worked well here too. Sharp for out of the camera, but it would benefit from some sharpening, especially the lower bird as mentioned.

Arthur Morris
01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Diane, Good to see you here. Great suggestions above esp. by the lovely Ms. Linda. I would add a dose of SH/H and some de-SAT of the reds and the blues. later and love, artie

Diane Chenault
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your help & ideas with this image. I did the shadow/highlights, cropped to a vertical, & sharpened & QM out a branch.

Arthur Morris
01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Way to go Diane. The re-post is a huge improvement. (YAW)

later and love,

artie

Jim Poor
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Very nice indeed!