PDA

View Full Version : Greenhead Coneflower Buds

Ed Vatza
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
At least I think they are Greenhead Coneflowers. I came across these buds along the banks of the local creek. As a matter of fact, the background (looking so black) is the water in the stream somewhat in the distance.

The skies were overcast. The shadows were long just before sundown.

Image made using my Rebel XT; Sigma 150mm Macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest Softbox mounted on a flexible flash bracket; and the whole thing tripod-mounted with a Novoflex Focusing Rail.

1/8 sec @ f/16; ISO 800; 0 EV; FEC -1

Joanna Trescott
08-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Really nice! Love the dark background and the DOF--everything is sharp.

Aristotle Georgiou
08-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Nice work Ed, beautiful light, great comp and well controlled DOF.

Julie Kenward
08-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Ed, I knew these were yours before I ever looked over and saw the name. :D I like it very much - it's clean and detailed and even though the BG is dark, the plant itself is nicely exposed. Well done!

Ed Vatza
08-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks folks. I appreciate the comments.

Ed, I knew these were yours before I ever looked over and saw the name. :D

Geez, does that mean I am developing a discernable style or that I am doing the same boring thing over and over? :confused::D

Robert O'Toole
08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Ed,

Interesting shapes and details on this one, its not the same old, dont worry.

I would crop out the one on the right since it is a little soft anyway and move in on the one to the left as a vertical. That would make a stronger image. If you frame a double like this you either need to nail both with the focus, bracket focus or make sure the second one is way out of focus.

Robert

Ed Vatza
08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I would crop out the one on the right since it is a little soft anyway and move in on the one to the left as a vertical.

Like this? :D

Hey, great to hear from you Robert. I've missed you here on the board. I really appreciate your challenges along the way. Hope you can spend more time around here once again.

Robert O'Toole
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Yes that is what I was thinking, I like this version more than the first.

I was in traveling in Australia since the end July. I was away longer than expected, Its nice to be back.

Thanks,

Robert