PDA

View Full Version : Australian Galah's

Jeroen Stel
12-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Guys,

As there where some (justified) comments on the second bird being OOF in my previous post i thought...let's post one from the Australia trip with 3 birds all in the focal plane.....

Hope you like this one better....

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Canon Eos 1D Mark3
Shutter speed: 1/400 sec
Aperture: F 10
Exposure mode: AV
Exposure compensation: +1
Flash:no
Flash exposure compensation: -
Metering mode: Evaluative
Drive mode: AI Focus
ISO: 800
Lens: Canon 600mm F4 + 1,4x TC
Focal length:1092 mm
AF mode: Auto Focus
On tripod and Wimberley Sidekick
Levels/Curves/USM/Contrast/Saturation/Noise Ninja/Lab-Sharpening

Maxis Gamez
12-29-2007, 11:54 AM
This is wonderful image Jeroen, I really like vivid photographs and this is just great.

Jim Neiger
12-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Very nice, Jeroen! I love the vivid colors, but wish the angle wasn't so steep. Where in Australia did you make this image?

George DeCamp
12-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Sweet image Jeroen! I like the fact the 3 birds are all in different poses and the colors are awesome. Small nit also on the angle but after all they are in a tree! :D

Alfred Forns
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Love this image Vivid and getting all in the same plane is great !!! Nothing you can do about the angle and Love the image !!!!! Big Congrats !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Beautifully captured to get all three in focus and the awesome poses and their beautiful coloring makes this a real winner IMO. Love it Jeroen!!

Gyorgy Szimuly
12-30-2007, 07:35 AM
This image has no nit at all. Despite the little steep angle this image works really well for me. The colors are stunning. Great job.
Szimi

Jeroen Stel
12-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments!
To Jim:The image was shot in Strathfielsaye, a small town near Bendigo in Victoria. My uncle lives here and we stayed there for a few days.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel