PDA

View Full Version : Estuary Reflections

Paul Davey
01-12-2008, 05:40 PM
A strand of macrocarpa trees overlook the dawn waters of the estuary at Toko Mouth (Otago, New Zealand) while the rising sun filters through their branches casting a subtle reflection across the placid lagoon.

From memory I have cropped from one of the sides to exclude a scene without any trees. I think I have also adjusted colours/contrast to enhance the orange glow. Clearly this was an older image due to these edits. Taken late 2006. I have considered darkening it to get rid of the green farmland in BG. Thoughts?

Not sure why but this was a hassle to fit into the 146KB file limit, even though scaled down to 800 pixels. Had to lower it further to decrease file size. Probably due to previous edits made with levels. Quality is now horrible.

Fujifilm Finepix S5600
ISO 200, 1/125 sec, f/3.4, 10x (380mm) optical zoom (exact focal length unknown)

Comments always welcome,

Paul

Rocky Sharwell
01-14-2008, 09:15 AM
I like the reflection a lot--I would crop out the land portion of the image. It would be nice to have more room at the top/bottom of the reflection by having pointed the camera down....

Paul Davey
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by cropping out the land. It is right in the middle and the essence of the image would be lost if I did just that because either half would be lost, would they not? Here is a different scaled down version using another digital imaging program. Should be sharper and easier to look at (I hope).

Paul