PDA

View Full Version : The Abyss

Gus Cobos
08-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Note: Image #8 of The Liquid Motion Collection.

Techs: This composition is an image overlay of two frames captured in RAW and then converted to JEPG format; shot at four frames per second using a polarizing filter. The hot smoke was created by the use of dry ice placed at the bottom of the aquarium, and the suspension media is a mix of glycerin, corn syrup, food coloring, half and half cream, and coffee. The hot white fire line around the ring was left on purpose to create the effect of molten fire.

The image was painted with a Nikon D200, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D macro lens with a 20mm extension tube.

Image solution: focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / 1/250sec - f/13 / ISO @ 200
white balance @ cloudy / AF - mode @ auto - high speed continuous / metering mode @ in camera matrix metering / lighting solution - used speedlight powered down to 1/3 lumen burst on manual mode, with attached diffuser, placed and angled at 90 degrees from the bottom, with a diffuser panel in the front; in combination with a 36" soft box placed from the top at 180 degrees; two 300 watt strobes powered down to 1/4 lumen burst, with diffuser panels placed in front at 45 degrees, in conjunction with two 22" gold disk reflectors angled from both sides. / exposure comp @ -3.0EV / tone comp @ +2 degrees / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +3 degrees / support platform - tripod assist /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Desmond Chan
08-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Marvellous !!

Alfred Forns
08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Gus I could use this for one of my Sphere World creations !!!! Neat !!!! So Cool !!!!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Gus, my friend, this is just fantastic...I love that you tell us your 'ingredients'...I only wish that I had a fraction of your imagination...
Regards,
Nicki
PS My son told me to tell you that he loves it too!!

Harold Davis
08-27-2008, 03:19 PM
may be my favorite. definitely top 3!! the dry ice was a nice touch!!