PDA

View Full Version : disappearing messages

Roger Clark
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

I typed in a response to someone's question and before I clicked submit I accidentally clicked the back button. Then I clicked the forward button go get back to my message but my response had disappeared never to be seen again. Is there a way to recover from such a mistake?
Roger

Julie Kenward
08-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I sure haven't found it yet if there is. I think once you move from the page, it's gone...

Fabs Forns
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, Roger, they disappear unless you submit them :(

I found that out the hard way too!

Dan Brown
08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Roger, I have had that happen several times, here and on listserves. I think that the messages are gonzo!! I have started using a word processor to compose any involved replies and then paste them into the message box. Another thing that I have noticed is that you can't copy out of this box to paste elsewhere. I have had situations where I've lost my internet connection in the middle of composing a response (but my work is still in my browser) and I have tried to copy my work out to wordpad and can't! When the connection is restored, I have to sign in again and of course the message is gone! So, I have to start over again, what a pain!

Dan Brown

Daniel Cadieux
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
I learned that the hard way too. If I typed something out and need to go back for some reason I just Copy (highlight text and then Ctrl-C) and then Paste when back in the box (Ctrl-V).

Chris Ober
08-27-2008, 07:48 PM
This does happen when using the Quick Reply method. If you are in the Advanced (Go Advanced button), the text is retained if you accidentally hit the back button and go forward again.

Fabs Forns
08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Chris :)

Sabyasachi Patra
09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
This is certainly a learning for me. Have been facing this issue myself. At times, I feel enough is enough and just give up.