PDA

View Full Version : Family Sunday At The Park

Bill McCrystyn
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
D300 70-200VR 1.7X ISO800 F/8 1/2000 -.033 CNTR WT Handheld

Not a terribly artsi shot - just a peaceful scene I came on that reminded me of the common bond of family we all share. The parents are chatting while the little ones are running around exploring.

Fabs Forns
08-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Bill, you seem to be enjoying your new toy and this is one very serene landscape. Critters are a bonus. I love the layers :)

Gus Cobos
08-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Bill,
A lovely image and composition of a lazy afternoon with the family...:eek::p:):D My suggestion woud be to level out the water line just a tad in a CW rotation...:cool:

Bill McCrystyn
08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks you guys. I'm glad someone else saw what I saw in it. Your right Gus peaceful family is a bit of an oxymoran isn't it? I am guessing you are referring to the foreward water line. The differenace was created by my focal plane set at about 30* left off center. How does it look to your eye now?. I could further darken the water on the left to close the gap a little more I suppose..Any other suggestions appreciated.

Julie Kenward
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
I really love this Bill. The way it goes back and forth between water and land and the children scurrying about! It's just terrific. It's nice as presented but I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more contrast - especially in the middle tones. It seems to be just a tad bit murky on my monitor in those middle areas.

Bill McCrystyn
08-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I see said the blind man. I call it a glare and midtone contrast and a little black magic is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks Julie - good eye, thanks. I hope this looks better to you, it does to me. I got rid of the smog in the valley. ;)

Bill McCrystyn
08-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.

Julie Kenward
08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Very nice!

Alfred Forns
08-27-2008, 07:30 AM
I like the changes !!! Might suggest cropping out the little bit of water at the bottom? I like the complementing position of the great egrets, does set the image !!! Excellent Bill !!!

Bill McCrystyn
08-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Well, who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I added canvas on top to make up for the crop at the bottom. That gave a more distant perspective to the BG, tightened up the focal point on the Egrets and left me with thirds. Al, your are the man - I think this is a better image. Thanks my friend - :)

Alfred Forns
08-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I like it Bill !!! ...... your getting to be a PS Demon .... your the man !!!! Congrats !!!