PDA

View Full Version : Blue Grosbeak

Laura Hughes
08-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Not a typical perch for this species, they prefer the tall grasses in a nearby rancher's cattle yard. I welcomed an opportunity for this unobstructed view. Taken in Prescott AZ, early am, background is grass, weeds and shrubs.

40D...300mm w/ 2x...1/500 sec...f9...iso 250

Linda Robbins
08-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Laura, this is beautiful! Love the rock perch and the clean green bg. Good composition, pose, head angle and crisp detail. Wonderful image!

Linda

Ramon M. Casares
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
I love the details and light, colors and BG too, the pose is very nice and the eye contact great. This is one good looking bird! The only "thing" to me would be the perch wich kind of distracts me as it is very present and the fact that it is so bright preety much makes the two subjects (perch and bird) rival each other in presence. Still a terrific shot!!! Congratulatons!

Grace Scalzo
08-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Laura, I like the inquisitive look that he's giving you, as well as the limited color palette, really allows that beautiful blue to pop.

Arthur Morris
08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
I am envious.... Crop the rock from the bottom to the top of your signature and then selectively sharpen the bird and my envy will likely turn to jealousy!

Laura Hughes
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
ok Artie, here is a repost per your suggestions..thanks for the tips....lh