PDA

View Full Version : Floating Plumerias

Amy DeStefanis
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Going back to ancient history - all the way back to 2006 and my Nikon 5700.... That was my first foray into anything digital after my Nikkormat finally breathed its last gasp. Not a bad little camera - but I quickly grew frustrated with many of its "auto" features, and the limited range of the aperture. It did a nice job in certain situations, though.

When we got a fountain on the lanai, I floated some plumerias in the bowl and shot some photos....

So, from the pre DSLR archives:

ISO 100
21mm focal length
f 3.9
1/220 sec

Thanks!
Amy D.

Joanna Trescott
08-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Very creative shot...I like the water drops and especially the shadows. Nice sharpness and exposure. Great job!

Kaushik Balakumar
08-25-2008, 02:17 AM
Lovely image this is Amy. Very creative with, on one side the white fresh flowers (with some tiny droplets of water on some petals) & the shadows of the same in the water on the other side. The whites look a little too hot in certain areas on few petals - but I'm viewing on uncalibrated monitor & hence not sure.

Julie Kenward
08-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Those whites are close to being hot but aren't terribly distracting. The water and the shadows are what really make this image, though. Gorgeous colors and beautifully random composition, Amy!

Ed Vatza
08-25-2008, 05:16 PM
The whites look perfect to me, Amy. And the composition is wonderful. The reflections and shadows just nail s it. Great job!!

Mike Moats
08-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Hey Amy very cool abstract looking image. I wouldn't change a thing.